Election Day Reminders:
- Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the free GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com.
- Voters can also sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport or a digital license via LA Wallet). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit, but will be allowed to vote.
- Our goal is accuracy, not speed. While polls close at 8 p.m., please allow time for election results to come in from the parishes. Results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or the secretary of state’s website at www.sos.la.gov.
For more information, contact our Elections Division at 800.883.2805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– www.sos.la.gov –
*The three parishes with no local candidate races are Acadia, Cameron and Pointe Coupee.
**The 44 parishes with propositions are Acadia, Allen, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Bossier, Caddo, Calcasieu, Caldwell, Cameron, Claiborne, Concordia, East Baton Rouge, East Carroll, Evangeline, Grant, Iberia, Jackson, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafourche, LaSalle, Livingston, Madison, Morehouse, Orleans, Ouachita, Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, Rapides, Sabine, St. Helena, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Tensas, Union, Vermilion, Vernon, Webster, West Carroll, West Feliciana and Winn.