EEO Employment Reports are available below as PDF documents.
- Account Executive – Alexandria, Louisiana LOST COAST BROADCASTING LLC which includes KLAX-DT and KLAX-D2, has an opening for an aggressive, knowledgeable and goal-oriented Account Executive to sell in the Alexandria, LA DMA. Individual must excel at client relations, be able to develop solutions to help grow clients’ business through multiplatform opportunities and manage contracts through all stages of the sales cycle. Organization, communications, and time management skills are a must.EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Self-motivated and high energy salesperson
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Analytical ability to utilize market analysis, ratings research, and other information to enhance sales efforts.
- Ability to work well with customers and fellow employees.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other computer applications.
- Reliable and self-starting worker.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Sales Experience preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and good driving record.
- Responsible for generating revenue through the development of new accounts for the television station.
- Responsible for generating revenue by growing existing advertising revenue from current clients.
- Able to develop effective marketing plans to meet clients’ needs and objectives.
- Able to obtain budgets and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring superior client relations.
- Superior management of sales through the entire sales cycle.
- Keep up-to-date on all station product lines and programming features.
- Keep up-to-date on the product lines and programming features of competing TV stations and other media formats.
- Prepare and present both written and oral presentations.
- Prepare effective advertising schedules.
- Effectively negotiate advertising rates.
- Prepare accurate reports for sales management.
- Collection of accounts receivable, as required.
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please e-mail your resume to Vickie Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please.
Lost Coast Broadcasting LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- KLAX 31 in Alexandria, Louisiana, has an immediate opening for an MMJ/Sports Reporter for its ABC television station.
In this full time position, the MMJ/Sports Reporter will produce, report, and edit content for the daily newscasts. In addition, the MMJ/Sports Reporter will produce sports content for a multi-layered platform, which includes on-air, station website, and social media. Our right candidate will be self-motivated, organized, have strong technical capabilities, and possess exceptional journalism skills.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enterprise news and sports reporting
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be able to shoot, write, edit, and post all stories
- Ability to utilize technology required of the position
- Have good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Such other and further duties as may be assigned
If you are an individual with a passion for local news and want to be a part of a small but growing organization, we may be a match. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and link or work sample to Station Manager, Vickie Wright at email@example.com. Cover letter, resume and DVD may also be mailed as follows:
Ms. Vickie Wright, Station Manager
Alexandria, LA 71303
Lost Coast Broadcasting LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls Please.