Account Executive – Alexandria, Louisiana
Cox Media Group has an opening for an aggressive, knowledgeable and goal-oriented Account Executive to sell in the Alexandria, LA DMA. Individual must excel at client relations, be able to develop solutions to help grow clients’ business through multi-platform opportunities, and manage contracts through all stages of the sales cycle. Organization, communications, and time management skills are a must.
• Self-motivated and high energy salesperson
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of handling multiple tasks.
• Analytical ability to utilize market analysis, ratings research, and other information to enhance sales
• Ability to work well with customers and fellow employees.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other computer applications.
• Reliable and self-starting worker.
• Bachelor’s Degree and Sales Experience preferred, but not required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and good driving record.
• Responsible for generating revenue through the development of new accounts for the television
• Responsible for generating revenue by growing existing advertising revenue from current clients.
• Able to develop effective marketing plans to meet clients’ needs and objectives.
• Able to obtain budgets and meet deadlines.
• Responsible for ensuring superior client relations.
• Superior management of sales through the entire sales cycle.
• Keep up-to-date on all station product lines and programming features.
• Keep up-to-date on the product lines and programming features of competing TV stations and other
• Prepare and present both written and oral presentations.
• Prepare effective advertising schedules.
• Effectively negotiate advertising rates.
• Prepare accurate reports for sales management.
• Collection of accounts receivable, as required.
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please e-mail your resume to Jim Chancey at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MMJ/Sports Reporter – Alexandria, Louisiana
KLAX-TV 31 has an immediate opening for a Multi-Media Journalist/Sports Reporter for its ABC television station.
In this full-time position, the MMJ/SR will produce, report, and edit content for the daily newscasts. In addition, you will produce sports content for a multi-layered platform, which includes on-air, station website, and social media. Our right candidate will be self-motivated, organized, have strong technical capabilities, and possess exceptional journalism skills.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Enterprise news and sports reporting
· Have excellent writing and communication skills
· Must be able to shoot, write, edit, and post all stories
· Ability to utilize technology required of the position
· Have good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Such other and further duties as may be assigned
Here are a few examples:
If you have a passion for local news and sports and you are ready to cover the most important stories in Central Louisiana, we may be a match. To apply for this position and join the Cox Media Group family, send your cover letter, resume, and link or work sample to Jim Chancey at email@example.com.
Lost Coast Broadcasting LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls Please.
The reporter/MMJ presents daily news content for a multi-layered platform, which includes on-air, web site and social media. The ideal candidate demonstrates solid news judgment and storytelling abilities, with a passion for delivering original, imaginative content every day. A successful MMJ candidate will write, shoot, edit and present compelling content both on-air and online.
- Demonstrate exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Have exceptional news judgment and writing skills
- Be able to work independently at high standards under deadline pressure
- Have good leadership and communication skills
- Work will with co-workers
- Generate story ideas daily
- Have a flexible schedule and be willing to fill in when called upon
- Ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air
- Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
Here are a few Examples:
All interesting applicants should send cover letter with resume to Station Manager, Jim Chancey / firstname.lastname@example.org
KLAX-DT, LOST COAST BROADCASTING LLC, COX MEDIA GROUP, AND TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC. ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS.