– Nutrient runoff from winter pastures.
– Utilizing different planting methods of winter forages.
– Use of standing forage for winter supplementation.
– Using fixed-timed artificial insemination as a reproductive technology.
– Creep grazing for calf supplementation.
Other topics will include heifer development and management, information on Louisiana Cattlemen’s Association programs and promoting Louisiana commodities.
A sponsored meal will be served immediately after the program.
The field day will serve as Louisiana Master Farmer Program Phase II and continuing education units.
More information is available from Glen Gentry at 318-473-6520 or email@example.com.