|June 3, 2013||to||June 7, 2013|
|June 10, 2013||to||June 14, 2013|
|July 8, 2013||to||July 12, 2013|
|July 15, 2013||to||July 19, 2013|
Summer Art Camp
June 3-7: 9:00-12:00pm (ages 6-9), 1:00-4:00pm (ages 10+)
- Popsicle Architects
- Instructor: Nancy Noles
- Campers will use simple wooden pieces, such as Popsicle sticks and wood scraps, to create inspired architecture. Collaborate with fellow campers to create a unified model of a family-friendly neighborhood.
June 10-14: 9:00am-12:00pm (ages 6-9), 1:00-4:00pm (ages 10+)
- Stop Motion Animation
- Instructor: Cindy Cooper Blair
- Campers will become movie makers and learn the magic of animation, using puppets, drawings and other objects to create fun stop motion animation short films.
July 8-12: 9:00am-12:00pm (ages 6-9), 1:00-4:00pm (ages 10+)
- Face It
- Instructor: Jason Gray
- Campers will create self-portraits using printmaking, collage, drawing and painting. After practicing drawing the parts of the face, create Picasso-inspired masks from Styrofoam.
July 15-19: 9:00am-12:00pm (ages 6-9), 1:00-4:00pm (ages 10+)
- Impressionable Impressions
- Instructor: Anne Reid
- Experiment with various techniques and materials, including foam core, matt board, linoleum, and objects from nature, to create inventive printmaking impressions.
Cost: $75 per week for AMoA members, $100 per week for Non-members
Museum address: 933 Second Street, Alexandria, LA 71303
Phone: (318) 443-3458