Click here to submit an event to our Community Calendar. To create an account or to login, fill out the “Log In” or “Register” form located at the bottom of this page. An event must first be approved by an Admin before it will appear on the calendar. Please note that an event will not be approved if there is no venue information.
- This event has passed.
Bikinis, Bikes & BBQ Cook Off
July 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Beat the dog days of summer at Bikinis, Bikes & BBQ Cook Off on Saturday, July 7th! Open to the public at 9am, check out our competitors dealing with more than just the heat outside in three categories: chicken, pork, and beef. Three judges will determine first and second place prizes, but your vote means the most for People’s Choice! Enjoy live music and drinks while waiting for the samples to start. Winners will be announced at 3pm! Interested in competing? Call Amanda at 318-448-1509 or email her at email@example.com to enter. See contest rules and regulations below.
– Three judges plates required per category: chicken, pork, and beef.
– Individuals and/or teams do not have to compete in all three categories.
– 1st place prize: $250 cash + trophy per category
– 2nd place prize: $100 cash + trophy per category
– Entry fee of $25 per individual or team. People’s Choice prize will consist of combined total of entry fees collected (ex: 8 total teams = $200 cash prize for People’s Choice).
– Each team must be prepared to serve samples to the public for People’s Choice judging.
– Judges plates will be based on 70% taste and 30% presentation.
– Competitors can set up no earlier than 7am on day of contest.
– Turn-in time for judges plates:
o 12pm – Chicken
o 1pm – Pork
o 2pm – Beef
– People’s Choice voting closes at 2:30pm. Winners announced at 3pm.
– Entry fees are non-refundable.
– Each team must supply all their equipment necessary to cook, for judges plates, and for samples (cookers, plates, utensils, etc.)
– One table and two chairs will be provided to each team, but they must provide their own canopy, trailer, etc.
– All meats must be USDA or state DA approved; no cooking, seasoning, etc. can be done before 7am on day of contest.
– Good sanitation practices are expected of all teams, and gloves must be worn at all time while handling food.