DOTD will continue to monitor weather conditions and will advise of any changes.
Travelers going through Louisiana should stay on I-20. http://bit.ly/1RiTMc3
Although it is not advisable to travel during inclement weather, the suggested detour routes ( http://bit.ly/1QUo2Xq) for I-10 traffic are as follows:
• I-10 to I-49 to I-20 (into Texas) to I-10
Motorists should follow these safety tips when driving in inclement weather:
• Obey barricades and high-water signs.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.
Motorists can access the latest updates on real-time traffic and road conditions using the 511 Traveler Information System by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region on which they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can call 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511). Travelers can also access this information by visiting the 511 Traveler Information Web site at www.511la.org.