Alexandria, Louisiana – The boil water advisory issued for businesses and residents located in anarea between the North side of MacArthur Drive between Sterkx Road and the South Traffic circle has been lifted. Residents may resume normal water usage.
Alexandria officials say crews completed repairing a 24” water main damaged when a tree fell near the McAdams pumping station affecting Alexandria residents located in an area between North side of MacArthur Drive between Sterkx Road and the South Traffic circle. The boil advisory had been in place since Saturday.
There is no indication that the water was in any way contaminated during recent water main work, city officials said.
However, as a precaution, residents can take these steps:
- Run cold water faucets for one minute
- Run drinking water fountains for one minute
- Flush automatic ice makers (make three batches of ice and discard)
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle
- Run water coolers with direct water connections for five minutes.
The intersection of Horseshoe Drive, Grove Road, Ransbottom Drive, and Mil Mar Boulevard is now open. ATRANS has resumed normal routes.
Updates on the water main break will be posted on the city’s website.